COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols of the American Karate Institute®
The following are the Covid-19 protocols that we currently have put in place:
1. PLEASE keep your child home if he shows any signs of illness.
2. Please review the new schedule that has been posted to the Student Portal and the Team App. We have allowed 15 minutes between each class so that we are able to dismiss students from one class, allow the next class to enter, clean and sanitize all surfaces or equipment that were used during class. Because this is our first week to reopen, we are asking parents to please limit class attendance to twice a week. We will be making necessary adjustments weekly until we are able to resume at a normal capacity.
3. The lobby will be closed for parents and spectators. If parents need to speak to Mrs. G, please schedule an appointment via phone or email. We will be using the 2 lobbies to line up the kids before class. The lobbies and the workout area will be prepared in accordance with the social distancing guidelines. Spaces will be marked 6 feet apart in both the lobby and workout area. We are happy to announce that our 2nd room, located right next door, is now available and will be utilized for the overflow of larger classes.
4. Students must already be dressed in uniform and belt. Students will not be allowed to enter the school until 10 minutes before the class time. Please have your child wait in the car with you until it is time for their class.
5. Face mask will be required in the office, lobby and in the workout area if you are not exercising. Students are not required but have the option of wearing a face mask in class. Instructors and assistants are not required to wear a mask except when they are in close proximity to the students.
6. Please do not bring your equipment bag. Because there will be no person to person contact there is no need to bring your equipment. We will notify you through the Team App when equipment will be needed. If you have not downloaded the Team App, we highly recommend that you do so because that is the best way for us to communicate with our students.
7. Students will not be signing themselves in on the I-pads, instead before allowing the student to enter the workout area, Mrs. Gonzalez or an assistant will perform contactless temperature checks, sanitize the hands and log you in. ALL Staff members will also have their temperature checked prior to entering the workout area.
8. The front door will be used for entering only. Students will be exiting safely through the back doors. When checking in, shoes will be placed in a plastic bin which will be transferred to the back for exiting. Parents, please be prepared to pick up your child in the back.
9. Every night after all the classes, our professional cleaning crew will clean, disinfect and sanitize the entire school as we have always done in the past.
10. Bathrooms will not be available unless it is an emergency. Please have your child go to the bathroom at home before attending class.